Provision of Your Personal DataWe may obtain personal information about you in a number of ways, such as:
- when you shop at our online or physical stores;
- when you participate in our events or promotions;
- when you apply for or use our online service or participate in any of our campaign or promotion programs;
- when you register an account with us;
- when you participate in any surveys or marketing campaigns;
- when you login to visit our websites, use our mobile applications or view any of our social media pages;
- when you use the wifi service at our stores or events;
- when you contact us whether in person, by phone, by email or via any social media platforms, to make enquires or provide information;
- when verifying your identity;
- when you subscribe to our marketing or promotional materials.
- You are not required to provide the personal information that we request, but we may not be able to provide you with our products, services or benefits or you may not be able to login to our platforms or use certain features without such information.
The Types of Personal Data We CollectThe types of personal data we collect may include:
- your title, name, gender, telephone number, email address, home, mailing, billing, delivery address or other contact information, your day and month of birth, your payment or credit card information, username and password, and other personal data you voluntarily provide to us; and
- IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, referring websites, and other internet log on information of your computer or mobile device.
Purposes of CollectionYour personal data may be used for one or more of the following purposes (“Purposes”):
- communicating with you;
- verifying your identity and any accounts you have with us;
- administering any loyalty or other marketing, promotional or corporate programs that we are involved in, including providing you with the benefits that you are entitled ;
- processing your orders for products and services you place with us (such as maintaining your shopping cart, attending to billing, payments, refunds and delivery arrangements);
- handling and responding to your inquiries, suggestions or complaints;
- conducting customer surveys or organizing events for customers;
- providing you with customers service;
- conducting analysis to help us better understand our customers and to improve our services and products;
- customising the information displayed on our shopping websites/apps and social networking/media platforms to create better customers experience;
- designing targeted promotional offers;
- conducting advertising activities, including targeted advertising;
- with your consent, conducting direct marketing activities;
- meeting legal, regulatory or compliance requirements, dealing with enquires from law enforcement or regulatory bodies or for the purpose of obtaining legal advice; and
- any other purposes directly related to any of the above purposes.
Direct MarketingWe intend to use your personal data for direct marketing which will include the marketing and promotion of all products and services offered by the Miss Makeup & Beauty Group (comprising all companies wholly-owned by Miss Makeup & Beauty Group which are engaged in the sale of cosmetic products). We will not, however, use your personal data for such direct marketing activities without your consent (which includes an indication of no objection). You may opt-out of receiving information in relation to the direct marketing activities by indicating your preference where appropriate or request us to change your preference (without any fees), at any time by contacting our Customer Service Representative as set out below under “Further Information” or the unsubscribe link provided.
Information We Collect by Automated MeansWe may collect certain information by automated means when you visit any of our mobile or on-line platforms, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, address of the web page that linked you to our platforms, information on actions taken on our platforms, and dates and times of visits to our platforms. Information collected from these automated means may be used for some of the Purposes.
Cookies are small pieces of information that your web browser stores on your computer or other Internet-connected device when you visit a website. Our cookies identify your browser to us and allow us to recognize you when you return. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You may choose to disable certain cookies by changing your browser’s settings. But without cookies, you may not be able to use all features and services offered on our websites.
Our web servers may log details and record your information automatically. We may also use web beacons, tags on our web pages, to link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies and to transmit information collected through cookies back to web servers.
Transfer of Personal DataWe may disclose or transfer your personal data to companies within the Miss Makeup & Beauty Group or to any third party service providers or business partners, whether within or outside Hong Kong/Macau, as necessary on a need-to-know basis to fulfill any of the Purposes, which include the processing and storing of your personal data. We may also disclose or transfer your personal data to any other party when we believe such disclosure or transfer is required for legal or regulatory reasons or where it is necessary to protect our interests (as permitted by law).
Retention of Personal DataWe will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the Purposes for which the personal data is to be used and delete any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, subject to, or where otherwise required by law or permitted by law.
Protection of InformationIn order to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, we maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to keep your personal data safe. Our security measures include secured servers and restricting access to personal data to personnel who have a need to use the data and who have been trained to handle such data properly and observe confidentiality.
Rights of Access and CorrectionYou have the right to request access to, and the correction of, your personal data held by us about you. If you wish to access or correct your personal data, please contact our Customer Service Representative as set out below under “Further Information”. We will verify your identity before handling your request and a reasonable administrative fee may be charged for complying with such request.
In case of discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall apply and prevail.
Miss Makeup & Beauty Group